“Personal data” is information about you from which we can identify you (either on its own, or by piecing it together with other information). The types of personal data we collect about you may include:
• Title, name, postal address, email address, telephone number, car registration number, credit or debit card number and expiry date;
• Information about your use of our Mall(s)
• Information about your use of our website or apps (the “Sites”). Some of this information may also be automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique device identifier, browser type, browser language and access times. We may also automatically collect your location information (if you have consented to this on your device);
• Information about your preferences, including brands you like and ads you like, dislike, click on or share with others;
• Demographic information; and
• Other information which you give us when dealing with us or interacting with us in any way, including via third parties.
Personal data does not include aggregate data where you cannot be identified (e.g. statistics about usage in general or in categories).
• The Galleria Mall may use technology to understand how our visitors experience the shopping centre. This technology does not seek to identify you and will only capture the MAC address of your device.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
We may collect personal data when you deal with us or interact with us, which could be via any one of the following methods: • When you use the Site;
• When you visit the Mall;
• When you use WiFi at the Mall;
• When you interact with us directly (e.g. telephoning, writing or emailing us, buying gift cards or services from us, participating in promotions and competitions and attending events);
• When you interact with us via third parties (e.g. via brand partners and social media platforms); and
• From third parties (e.g. through third party surveys and market research you participate in).
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In all circumstances the personal data we hold about you will be adequate, relevant and not excessive. We will use your personal data in line with your legal rights .
We may use your personal data to:
• Provide you with information, products, services or experiences that you request from us;
• Process payments for purchases;
• Provide reservation or booking services;
• Compile your profile;
• Provide and personalise our products and services to you/your preferences, including making predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display targeted ads, content, features, deals and offers that match your profile or we believe will be of interest to you;
• Keep track of your activity patterns and preferences in order to improve the level of service you receive and to increase the functionality of the Site, including monitoring and analysing usage and trends, determining the effectiveness of our ads and personalising and improving the Site;
• Link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
• Inform you of products, services, experiences or promotions which we feel may be of interest to you where you have indicated that you wish to be contacted for such purposes by post, email, SMS, telephone, through the Site or social media platforms, or other means of electronic communication (and where you have indicated that you are happy to be contacted by third parties, you may be contacted about products, services, experiences or promotions by those third parties);
• Ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/tablet/mobile;
• Send you push notifications;
• Interact with you on social media platforms;
• Allow you to participate in any interactive features of our products, services and experiences, when you choose to do so;
• Request feedback from you;
• Respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests and complaints and provide customer service; and
• Send you surveys, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Sites, including to notify you about important changes, to detect fraud.
The Internet is global, so your personal data may be transferred in transit outside of the UAE Our business also operates globally and so it may be necessary to transfer your personal data to other companies within our group of companies located in countries outside of the UAE. Countries outside of the UAE may not have similar protections in place regarding your personal data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined in section 4 below to try and protect the security of your personal data and comply with our legal obligations about transfer of your personal data to non-UAE countries.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA SAFE
Your personal data is held on a secure database.
We have policies, rules and technical measures in place to protect the personal data that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All of our employees and data processors that have access to, and are associated with, the processing of your personal data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
We ensure that your personal data will not automatically be disclosed by us to government institutions or authorities. However, if required by law, or when we receive a request from regulatory bodies or law enforcement organisations, we may disclose your information.
Please be aware that communications over the Internet are not secure unless they have been encrypted.
We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal data that is beyond our control.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal data to any of the following, in any country where we operate:
• Our staff;
• Our affiliates;
• Our group companies and their staff;
• Suppliers and service providers who may access your personal data when providing products or services to us;
• Purchasers or potential purchasers of our business or any part of it or of a Centre;
• Government bodies and law enforcement agencies and in response to legal or regulatory requests; and
• Auditors or other advisers auditing, assisting with or advising on any aspect of our business or a Centre.
We may also share information or statistics with third parties in an aggregated or anonymised form that does not directly identify you, e.g. we may share aggregated information about your interests and geographic preferences and/or location (if given) with advertisers and third party deal sites for marketing purposes.
Other than ensuring that we have complied with our own obligations under the relevant laws governing data protection, we are not responsible for the actions of suppliers and service providers or other third parties in the use they may make of your personal data.
YOUR OWN SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When you post in any profile, comments, forums and other interactive features of the Sites, or share personal data with individuals through the Sites or social media platforms, this personal data will be available to other users and in some cases may be publicly available outside of the Site (e.g. on social media platforms).
OUR ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
If you interact with us on social media platforms, (for example, if you ‘Like’ our Facebook Page or post on our Facebook timeline, or if you follow us or mention us in a tweet on Twitter) we can interact with you and send you things via these platforms.
The personal data we have access to through social media platforms will depend on your personal settings on these platforms. We will have access to all public information on these platforms. We may also be able to access personal data that others share about you (because they control how that is shared, not you).
We may collect any data that is accessible to us or that you provide through social media platforms, including but not limited to your Facebook and/or Twitter profile picture, gender, and usernames. We will interact with you through social media platforms in accordance with each platform’s rules but we are not responsible for how the platform owners collect and handle your data. We are not responsible for what third parties post on our social media accounts.
You can visit the Site to read information about our company, products, and services without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information. To improve the usefulness of our site, Galleria Mall measures and analyzes non-identifying, aggregate usage, and volume statistical information from Site visitors in order to administer our Site, and to constantly improve the quality of our service and site performance.
Information gathered may include, but is not limited to, the following: the activity of the Site visitor's browser when the visitor is viewing the Site; the site path of visitors; and the time visitors come to the Site.
Galleria Mall reserves the right to publish anonymous, aggregate summary information regarding its Site visitors for promotional purposes and as a representative audience for advertisers. Please note that this is not personal information, only general summaries of our visitors' usage of the Site.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
You may wish to request information about products and services or to request to be contacted. To facilitate the distribution of this content, you are asked to provide information, such as, but not limited to, name, company, title, phone number, e-mail address, site name, URL, and address. Based on your request, Galleria Mall may also ask for additional information, such as the number of members in your household, and how you heard about us. This is information is provided by you on a voluntary basis only and is not required by us in order for you to use and enjoy our Site.
INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSURE
Galleria Mall uses the information that we collect on the Site to contact you when requested in order to further discuss your interest in our company, our services, and to send information regarding our company or partners, such as marketing promotions and events. This information may also be used to improve the services we provide you. The information is collected and stored in a manner that is appropriate for the nature of the data that we collect, and the need to fulfill your request. This information is not provided to third parties for their own use, unless specifically authorized by you.
WHAT ARE COOKIES
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you are using a public computer or do not otherwise want this information to be stored, you can select the appropriate radio button on the sign-in page, and this cookie will not be used. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of Galleria Mall web site and services that depend on cookies.
WHAT ARE CLEAR GIFS?
Clear gifs (also known as web beacons) are used in combination with cookies to help Site operators understand how visitors interact with their websites. A clear gif is typically a transparent graphic image (usually 1 pixel x 1 pixel) that is placed on a site. The use of a clear gif allows the Site to measure the actions of the visitor opening the page that contains the clear gif.
HOW WE USE CLEAR GIFS
We utilize clear gifs to measure visitor behavior, to help us improve visitor experience, and to manage site content. We may use clear gifs on this Site, in our e-mails, in our advertisements on other web sites, or in our advertisements in others' e-mails.
THIRD PARTY SITES
This policy was updated on April 2016